I have anxiously been waiting to share the last wedding of 2011 with you... It has taken me 4 hours to put together tonight's blog post, yikes! It probably does not help that my little eyes have been glued to the television for most of that time but there was also so many favorite images for me to choose from.
Christina and Marco's November nuptials had been scheduled on my calendar since earlier this May. After first meeting Christina and being hired as her wedding photographer, I anxiously looked forward to her wedding date. Why? A few multiple reasons... First, she seemed like the ideal bride for my style of photography. She liked my style and knew my work prior to meeting with me. Second, she and Marco were planning an amazing wedding full of details. Third, and finally, she was getting married at the Inn at Chachalaca Bend in Los Fresnos, Texas... a place I had heard about but never seen in person.
Uh, yeah - I was very excited for their wedding!!!
This wedding was also my very first wedding working with the couple and a professional wedding planner. Ladies and gentlemen, future brides and grooms, I highly recommend you think about having a wedding planner and/or day-off coordinator... it made my job way easier. Throughout the period prior to their wedding and, of course, during their actual wedding date, having someone other than the bride to turn to for a constant influx of information is a real plus. Ha! Okay, so I felt almost spoiled... can you imagine the bride and groom?
More on this wedding... Christina and Marco have quickly climbed the list of my favorite people to photograph. They were an absolute pleasure to work for and to photograph. As I have previously mentioned when I shared with you their engagement sessions, they are head over heels in love with one another. They way they look at each other is inspiring. They inherently remind me that true love does exist and every princess gets her fairytale.
As Yva and I looked over their images a while back, we couldn't help but notice how much Christina and Marco looked at each other throughout their wedding day. Their looks, their glances were full of romanticism on such a demure and intricate level. I'd say imagine it, but it's better if you see for yourself...
Seriously, this woman could not get her eyes off her man! Christina and Marco, so in love :)
Christina and Marco, thank you! Thank you and thank you! I am delighted to have shared in your wedding day as your photographer. I had such an amazing time documenting such a special event. I congratulate you both on your marriage and wish you every happiness on this earth and beyond. Wahoo!! You're married!
Few tidbits from this wedding:
- This wedding wrapped up my 2011 Wedding Season, yay! Very much a great wedding to end a great season. Can I get a big wahoooooooooooo!!!?!!! :)
- I accidentally ran a red light on the way home from this wedding... I am so, so sorry! It was so late, dark and my brain saw the lonely road with a red light imaginarily turn green. Oopsie :(
- I was really sick half way through this wedding. Actually, throughout the ceremony I was sure I could not make it to the end of the reception. Thankfully, I did.
- Because I was so ill towards the end of the night, I could not get out of bed the following day. Now, I am used to this because after every wedding my body feels like it's turned OFF, literally unplugged. I melted into my mattress and did not get up once. Until the next day and even then I couldn't walk for two weeks comfortably... I wear heels for weddings! Umm... I'm short... I need to be at some-what of eye level for my clients ;) ha!
- I love my job. Obvious, but I just thought I'd re-iterate.
Special thanks to Christina and Marco's wedding vendors!!
Ceremony & Reception Location: The Inn at Chachalaca Bend (Los Fresnos, Texas) http://www.chachalaca.com/
Wedding Planner: Bridal Trends Weddings http://bridaltrendsweddings.com/
Catering: Wray & Co. Creative Catering
Flowers: HEB Floral
Rentals: All Occassions Party Rentals
Hair & Make Up: Beautiful Brides by Rosemary http://bbbyrosemary.com/
Ceremony Music: The Valley Classic Ensemble
Transportation: Charter Bus Co.
Cake: Elite Cakes by Nancy Lee http://www.elitecakesbynancylee.com/
Reception Music: Joe Roxks Entertainment http://joeroxks.com/
Bar Supply: Holiday Wine & Liqour